Salmon and Dill Pancake Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour 375 mL
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar 30 mL
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder 8 mL
- 1/8 tsp salt 0.5 mL
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups 1% milk 375 mL
- 1/4 cup canola oil 60 mL
- 1 cup coarsely grated zucchini or carrots 250 mL
- 1 cup chopped cooked salmon 250 mL
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh dill 60 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 ⁰F (180 ⁰C). Line muffin tin with muffin liners.
- 2. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- 3. In separate bowl, beat eggs. Stir in milk, oil, zucchini, salmon and dill. Add wet ingredients to flour mixture and stir well.
- 4. Scoop about 1/4 cup (60 mL) of batter into each muffin cup. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until slightly golden and toothpick inserted comes out clean. Serve warm. Or cool, wrap in packs and freeze for use later on.
- Tip: If you like this portable pancake, experiment with other protein, fruit or vegetable additions such as turkey sausage and blueberries.
|Gras saturés||1.5 g|
Muesli Muffins with Almonds and Cranberries
Whole grains, cranberries and almonds jack up the nutrient power in these muffins compared to common, cake-like ones. To round out breakfast, pair a muffin with some nuts and a piece of fruit for additional protein, energy and nutrients. Canola oil provides a moist, tender texture, plus adds vitamins E and K.