Butternut Squash Soup
This hearty soup combines the earthiness of pumpkin with the sweeter notes of apple juice and a little spicy kick. Canola oil is ideal for sautéing thanks to its high heat tolerance, plus its light, neutral taste lets subtle flavors pop.
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 tsp chopped chipotle chile or chipotle chili powder 2 mL
- 2 cups chicken broth 500 mL
- 1/4 cup apple juice 60 mL
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced 1 kg
- 1/2 cup apple juice 125 mL
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro 60 mL
- 1. In skillet, heat canola oil on medium and sauté onion. When soft, add garlic. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Add chile, chicken broth and apple juice. Reduce heat. Add pumpkin and cook for about 20 minutes or until squash is cooked and soft.
- 2. Using immersion blender, blend soup until smooth. Stir in remaining apple juice. Garnish with cilantro.
1 cup (250 mL)
|Gras saturés||0 g|
Butternut Squash and Apple Soup with Wild Rice and Toasted Almonds
This tasty, autumn-inspired soup will make you look forward to the end of summer.
Creamy Pumpkin Apple Bisque
Curl up by the fire and enjoy the taste of winter with this decadent soup.