Arugula and Mackerel Salad
Mackerel’s distinct flavor makes this recipe a standout. Canola oil adds a healthier touch to the salad, plus its light texture and mild taste are perfect for vinaigrettes.
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar 15 mL
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 tsp paprika 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper 1 mL
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 12 oz mackerel fillets 340g
- 2 cups arugula 500 mL
- 2 cups spinach 500 mL
- 1 cup chopped cilantro 250 mL
- 1. To make vinaigrette: In small bowl, whisk 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil, vinegar, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 2. In small skillet, heat 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil and sauté mackerel until fish just begins to flake.
- 3. In large bowl, combine arugula, spinach and cilantro with vinaigrette. To serve, divide salad between 4 plates and top with fish.
1 1/4 cup (310 mL) salad with 3 oz (85 g) mackerel
|Gras saturés||3 g|
Jalapeño Chiles Stuffed with Panela Cheese and Mango Pico de Gallo
Start a meal with these fiery appetizers. Canola oil’s neutral taste won’t mask the bright, contrasting flavors of chile and mango.
Lemongrass Ginger Steamed White Fish with Sautéed Spinach
Steaming is an easy way to prepare fish and adding a little canola oil ensures it won’t dry out.