A vibrant take on a Mediterranean classic, this unique hummus uses beets to add tangy taste and vivid color. Canola oil adds a smooth and light texture to this creamy dip.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked beets 375 mL
- 1 can (15.5 oz/460 mL) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp tahini 15 mL
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp cumin 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 4 Tbsp/60 mL)
- 1. In blender or food processor, add all ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- 2. Transfer to serving bowl. Serve with cut vegetables.
2 cups (500 mL)
1/4 cup (60 mL)
|Gras saturés||0 g|
Lemon Cucumber Quinoa
The crunch of cucumber meets hearty quinoa in this bright, light dish that makes for a satisfying meal or side dish on-the-go. Canola oil carries the flavors of the salad while adding a healthy dose of omega-3 fat.
The classic Caprese Italian salad is in an easy-to-tote muffin form – think picnic! Juicy cherry tomatoes, creamy mozzarella and bright basil join flavorful forces with the mild taste of canola oil, producing a tender treat.