Taco Salad With Homemade Pita Wedges
- 1 cup canola oil 250 mL
- 1/4 cup white vinegar 60 mL
- 2 Tbsp lime juice 30 mL
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard 1 mL
- 2 Tbsp sweet pickle relish 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp ketchup 30 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1/8 tsp pepper 0.5 mL
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and torn
- 1 (15 oz/443 mL) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese 125 mL
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced 60 mL
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 small whole wheat pitas, split in half and quartered
- 1. In a bowl, whisk together canola oil, vinegar, lime juice, garlic, mustard, relish, ketchup, salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use. If refrigerated, the dressing will keep for three to four days.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Brush each pita quarter with 1/2 tsp (2 mL) of dressing. Place on baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until crisp.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine lettuce, beans, cheese, onion and tomatoes. Divide salad into 8 servings. Add 2 Tbsp (30 mL) dressing to each serving and toss. Serve with baked pita wedges.
|Gras saturés||1 g|
Grilled Fish Tacos with Citrus Slaw
Canola oils mild flavour make it a great choice for recipes that you want the flavours of the ingredients to shine through.
Szechuan Veggie Tacos
Its a fiesta! Enjoy these unique tacos with an Asian twist featuring daikon (Japanese radish) and rice wine vinegar. Canola oil allows the spicy-sweet flavors to shine.