Fresh Pasta Salad with Sweet Onion Vinaigrette
This colorful salad is perfect for lunch or a weekend picnic. Canola oil’s neutral taste lets the other ingredients’ summery flavors shine.
- 3/4 lb bow tie pasta 350 g (about 4 1/2 cups or 1.25 L)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar 60 mL
- 1/2 cup canola oil 125 mL
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce 15 mL
- 2 tsp brown sugar 10 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes 2 mL
- 15 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced (chiffonade-style*) 125 mL
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion 60 mL
- 1. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Once cooked, drain and cool.
- 2. To prepare vinaigrette: In bowl, whisk all ingredients until combined.
- 3. In serving bowl, combine pasta, tomatoes, pepper and basil. Add vinaigrette. Stir to combine. Garnish with green onion.
- Tip: To chiffonade herbs such as basil or mint, stack about eight leaves together and then roll them lengthwise into a cigar shape. Thinly slice across the bundle to make thin ribbons.
1 cup (250 mL)
|Gras saturés||1 g|
Lime Cilantro Vinaigrette
This delicious vinaigrette is great on salads, fish or seafood and can also be used as a marinade for barbecuing.