Chicken Fingers With Guava Szechuan Sauce
Try these family favorites with this warm dipping sauce.
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups corn flake crumbs 375 to 500 mL
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Old Style (coarse grain) Dijon mustard 125 mL
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise 125 mL
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 3/4 inch (2 cm) strips
- 1/2 cup guava juice or orange juice 125 mL
- 1 Tbsp vinegar 15 mL
- 3 Tbsp canola oil 45 mL
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar 15 mL
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce 2 mL
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger 10 mL
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp honey 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp water 15 mL
- 1. In medium bowl, combine corn flake crumbs and salt and pepper.
- 2. In separate small bowl, combine mustard and mayonnaise. Mix well. Spread chicken pieces with mayonnaise mixture and roll in cornflake crumbs. Place on parchment lined baking sheet or nonstick baking sheet. Bake at 375 °F (190 °C) for 10 to 15 minutes until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- 3. Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, combine guava juice, vinegar, canola oil, sugar, hot pepper sauce, ginger, garlic and honey. Bring to boil while stirring. Dissolve cornstarch in water and add to saucepan stirring constantly until sauce thickens. Serve warm as dipping sauce.
|Gras saturés||3.5 g|
This chicken is easy to prepare and just as tasty as deep-fried chicken, yet much healthier.
Broiled Chicken Wings With Two Sauces
Broiled chicken wings served with two sauces are sure to satisfy everyone taste buds.