Banana Split Cake
Baking with canola oil can reduce your saturated fat intake.
- 1 (18oz/515g) white cake mix
- 1/3 cup canola oil 75 mL
- 3/4 cup water 175 mL
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup mashed bananas 175 mL
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips 250 mL
- ice cream
- banana slices
- chocolate syrup
- cherries with stems
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Spray a 9 x 13 inch (23 x 33 cm) pan with canola oil.
- 2. In large bowl, combine cake mix, canola oil, water, eggs and mashed banana. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 3. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Cool cake on wire rack.
- 4. To serve, place piece of cake in ice cream dish. Garnish with ice cream, banana slices, chocolate syrup and cherries.
|Gras saturés||2 g|
Chocolate Raspberry Cakes with Raspberry Crème Icing
Chocolate and raspberries are a perfect combination for Valentine’s Day. Canola oil reduces the amount of saturated fat in this dessert and, along with buttermilk, helps produce a cake crumb that’s tender and rich – like your love!
Lemon Vanilla Bean Canola Oil Pound Cake With Raspberry Sauce
Recipe developed at The Culinary Institute of America by Chef Instructor Almir Da Fonseca.