Spiced Apple Ginger Cake
Check out the baking section of the website to learn how to convert your solid baking recipes to canola oil.
- 3 apples, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3/4 cups Grenadine syrup 175 mL
- 1 (18 oz/515g) spice cake mix
- 1/3 cup canola oil 75 mL
- 1 1/4 cups water 300 mL
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup ginger marmalade 75 mL
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans 250 mL
- 3/4 cup toffee bits 175 mL
- 1 apple, peeled, finely chopped
- toffee bits
- icing sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- 2. Place apple slices in sealable bag with Grenadine syrup. Turn to coat apples well. Set aside in refrigerator.
- 3. Spray a 10 inch (25 cm) spring form pan with canola oil. Cut waxed paper to fit the bottom of pan. Place in pan and spray again with canola oil.
- 4. In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, canola oil, water and eggs. Beat 2 minutes on medium speed. Beat in marmalade. Stir in pecans, toffee bits and chopped apple.
- 5. Drain Grenadine soaked apples and use paper towel to remove extra moisture. Place apples in a decorative pattern on the bottom of the spring form pan. Carefully pour batter over top of apples. Bake for 60 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Turn cake upside down on rack and carefully remove waxed paper, and cool completely.
- 6. Cut wedges of cake and serve on dessert plate, garnished with additional Grenadine soaked apples and toffee bits. Dust with icing sugar if desired.
|Gras saturés||4.5 g|
Banana Upside Down Cake
Tasty with any fruit, but bananas are so easily available year-round, that this recipe is a perfect solution to whats for dessert?
Serve this delicious cake topped with a creamy cream cheese frosting at your next family gathering.