Cumin Crusted Fish
Sauté is quick, easy and healthy when using canola oil.
- 1/2 - 1 Tbsp ground cumin 7.5 - 15 mL
- 1/4 tsp thyme 1 mL
- 1 tsp paprika 5 mL
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper 2 mL
- 1 lb white fish fillets (walleye, halibut, cod...) 500g
- 1/2 Tbsp canola oil 7.5 mL
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley 30 mL
- lemon or lime wedges
- 1. In a small bowl, mix together cumin, thyme, paprika, and lemon pepper.
- 2. Rub spice mixture on both sides of fillets.
- 3. In a large skillet, set over medium heat, heat canola oil. Add fish fillets and cook until browned on both sides and fish is opaque in the center about 4 minutes per side.
- 4. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately with lemon or lime wedges.
4 oz (125 g) fish
|Gras saturés||0 g|
Beer Battered Fish and Chips
Canola oil is a great choice for high heat cooking. It has one of the highest smoke points of all commonly used vegetable oil at 468 °F (242 °C).
Cornmeal Crusted Fish and Zucchini Chips
Get the crisp deliciousness of classic fish and chips without the heaviness and fat from frying. Here, white fish is breaded in cornmeal, misted with canola oil and baked at a high temperature so it's crisp. The breaded zucchini slices are a fun way to get vegetables into this comfort food meal. It's all served with a fresh lemony tartar sauce using a healthy base of canola oil mayonnaise.