Peaches & Yogurt Smoothie
Smoothies are a great way to get a dose of fruit, fiber and good fats. This shake is loaded with antioxidants and full of flavor. Adding a little canola oil to it provides omega 3 fats and vitamin E, as well as a smoother taste.
- 1 medium banana
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries 125 mL
- 1/2 cup frozen peaches slices 125 mL
- 1/2 cup green tea, cooled 125 mL
- 1/2 cup low fat plain yogurt 125 mL
- 4 ice cubes
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp honey 15 mL
- 1. In blender, add banana, blueberries, peaches, green tea, yogurt, ice cubes, canola oil and honey.
- 2. Blend until combined. Serve immediately.
- Tip: Use fresh or frozen fruit. Your favorite cold tea may be substituted for green tea.
2 cups (500 mL)
1/2 cup (125 mL)
|Gras saturés||0.5 g|
Smoothies are a great way to get a dose of fruit, fiber and good fats. This shake is loaded with antioxidants and full of flavor. Adding a little canola oil to it supplies omega 3 fats and vitamin E as well as a smoother taste.
Powerhouse Green Smoothie
Start your day strong with an all-in-one meal. Smoothies fit the bill pre- or post-workout because they are quick and easy to make, combine food groups and, as liquids, digest more quickly than solids. Canola oil added to your smoothie contributes omega-3 fat and creates a smooth, creamy consistency.