Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches
Chocolatey cookie sandwiches filled with creamy vanilla frosting.
- 4 squares semisweet chocolate squares
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar 375 mL
- 3 Tbsp canola oil 45 mL
- 2 Tbsp milk 30 mL
- 2 tsp vanilla 10 mL
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour 500 mL
- 2 tsp baking powder 10 mL
- 4 oz cream cheese 125g
- 1/4 cup non-hydrogenated canola margarine 60 mL
- 1 tsp vanilla 5 mL
- 2 cups icing sugar 500 mL
- 1. In microwave or heavy saucepan set over low heat, melt chocolate. Cool. In large bowl, combine sugar, canola oil, milk, vanilla, eggs and melted chocolate. Beat well.
- 2. Sift together flour and baking powder and add to chocolate mixture. Mix well. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours or until dough is easy to handle.
- 3. Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C). Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches 4. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until tops are lightly browned. Remove and cool on wire rack.
- 5. To prepare filling: In bowl, mix together cream cheese, canola margarine, vanilla and icing sugar. Beat until mixture is smooth and well combined. Place filling in between two cookies.
|Gras saturés||4 g|
Black and White Cookies
This iconic cookie, which has been around for almost a century, has become a symbol of New York City as it is still found in just about every deli and many bake-shops there.