Grilled Mexican Chicken Pizza
- 1 Tbsp lime juice 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1 clove garlic,minced
- 1 tsp chili powder 5 mL
- 1/8 tsp salt 0.5 mL
- 1/8 tsp pepper 0.5 mL
- 1 (3 oz/90 g) chicken breast
- 4 (8 in/20 cm) whole wheat tortillas
- 1/2 cups shredded low fat Monterey Jack cheese 125 mL
- 1/2 cups salsa 125 mL
- 1/2 cup finely diced green pepper 125 mL
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion 60 mL
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley 60 mL
- 1 cup shredded lettuce 250 mL
- 3 Roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fat free sour cream 60 mL
- 1. Combine lime juice, canola oil, garlic, chili powder and salt and pepper in large bowl. Whisk ingredients together. Cut chicken breast into 1/2 inch (2 cm) pieces. Toss with oil mixture. Marinate mixture, refrigerated, for 2 to 4 hours.
- 2. Stir fry chicken mixture in large wok over medium high heat until chicken pieces are cooked and juices run clear. Set aside.
- 3. Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C). Arrange tortillas on rimmed, foil lined baking sheets. Divide cheese and sprinkle over tortillas. Bake until golden brown, about 6 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, combine chicken, salsa, green pepper, red onion and parsley. Mix well. Spoon mixture onto warm tortillas. Spread mixture as evenly as possible. Bake again until heated through, about 5 minutes. Top with lettuce, tomatoes and a dollop of sour cream. Serve immediately.
|Gras saturés||2.5 g|
Balsamic Caramelized Onion, Spinach and Goat Cheese Pita Pizzas
Caramelized onions are slow food at its very best and here make a glorious base for these rustic yet elegant pita pizzas topped with creamy goat cheese.
Basil Focaccia Wedges
These healthy mini-pizzas will inspire children to eat vegetables! The canola oil browns the vegetables, brings out their rich flavors, and gives the dough a crispy crust.
Vegetarian Greek Pizza Flatbread & Spinach Sauté
Quick and flavorful, this flatbread is topped with nutritious veggies and classic Greek ingredients such as feta and olives. Canola oil’s high heat tolerance stands up well to sautéing and baking, plus its neutral taste lets the recipe’s fresh and vibrant flavors shine. Garlicky spinach on the side rounds out the meal.