Canola Oil Mayonnaise
This classic recipe was developed at The Culinary Institute of America by Chef-Instructor Brenda La Noue. Canola oil’s neutral flavor and light texture is perfect for homemade mayonnaise. See Chef Almir Da Fonseca prepare the recipe in the video below.
- 2 pasteurized egg yolks
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp water 30 mL
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard 5 mL
- 1 1/2 cups canola oil 375 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper 1 mL
- 2 tsp lemon juice 10 mL
- 1. In bowl, combine yolks, vinegar, water and mustard. Whisk together until mixture is slightly foamy.
- 2. Gradually add canola oil in a thin stream, constantly beating with whisk until incorporated and mayonnaise is thick.
- 3. Add salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- 4. Refrigerate mayonnaise immediately. Use within one week.
- Tip: To make sun-dried tomato mayonnaise, add 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped sun-dried tomatoes, 1 tsp (5 mL) minced garlic and 1 tsp (5 mL) toasted, ground fennel.
2 cups (500 mL)
1 Tbsp (15 mL)
|Gras saturés||1 g|