Warm Black Truffle Vinaigrette
Recipe developed at The Culinary Institute of America by Chef Instructor Brenda La Noue. See Chef Almir Da Fonseca prepare the recipe in the videa below.
- 3 oz truffle peelings
- 1/4 cup madeira wine
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup white onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 Sachet
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup truffle oil
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, 1 mL
- 3 Tbsp fines herbes
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the truffle peelings and Madeira over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes. Strain through a fine sieve, reserving the liquid and peelings separately.
- 2. In the same saucepan, heat 2 Tbsp of canola oil over medium heat. Add the onions, carrot, celery and sachet. Sauté for about 4 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- 3. Add the reserved Madeira and stir to deglaze the pan.
- 4. Continue to cook for about 3 minutes or until the pan is almost dry.
- 5. Add the chicken stock and cook for about 4 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- 6. Immediately strain through a fine sieve into a medium-size heat-proof bowl. Discard the solids and allow the liquid to cool.
- 7. When cool, whisk in the vinegar, remaining 1/2 cup canola oil, and the truffle oil.
- 8. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the herbs just before serving.
|Gras saturés||16 g|
Artichokes with Mustard Tarragon Vinaigrette
Add some zing to your artichokes with this mustard tarragon vinaigrette. Canola oil-based dressings stay free-flowing in the refrigerator thanks to the oil’s low saturated fat content.
Crab Cakes with Warm Black Truffle Vinaigrette
Recipe developed at The Culinary Institute of America (CIA) by Chef Instructor Brenda La Noue. See Chef Almir Da Fonseca prepare the recipe in the video below.