- 1/4 cup canola oil 60 mL
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar 60 mL
- 2 tsp salt 10 mL
- 1 cup boiling water 250 mL
- 3/4 - 1 cup tepid water 175 - 250 mL
- 3 cups whole wheat flour 750 mL
- 2 cups multigrain flour 500 mL
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar 2 mL
- 1/4 cup warm water 60 mL
- 1/2 Tbsp active yeast 7.5 mL
- 1/4 cup Red River cereal* 60 mL
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds 75 mL
- 1/4 cup cornmeal 60 mL
- 1. In a bowl combine canola oil, sugar, salt and boiling water. Mix until sugar has dissolved. Then add tepid water, 1 cup (250 mL) whole wheat flour and 1 cup (250 mL) multigrain flour. Stir until it forms a thick soup like texture.
- 2. In a separate bowl add sugar, warm water and active yeast; let stand for 10 minutes. Add yeast mixture to flour ingredients and stir well.
- 3. In another bowl mix together 1 cup (250 mL) whole wheat flour, 1 cup (250 mL) multigrain flour, Red River cereal, sunflower seeds and corn meal. Add multigrain mix to flour ingredients and mix together until it forms a sticky ball and then add 1 cup (250 mL) more of whole wheat flour. Knead for approximately 10 minutes or until a smooth, soft dough forms. Let rest 5 minutes. Brush the top of the dough with oil and place in an oiled bowl. Let dough rise until doubled in size about 2 hours.
- 4. Punch down and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour. Punch down and form into large hamburger like buns. Bake at 375 °F (190 °C) for 35 to 45 minutes.
- *Substitution: 5 or 7 grain cereal.
|Gras saturés||0.5 g|
Herb Onion Rolls
Quick and easy bread-making without having to wait for several risings of the dough.
Molasses Flax Bread
Flax meal can either be purchased vacuum packed from a health food store or you can grind flax seeds in a coffee grinder for immediate use. Grind only what you will use because it goes rancid quickly.