Grill Pan Chicken with Fiery Mango Ginger Salsa
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1 tsp curry powder 5 mL
- 1 tsp granulated sugar 5 mL
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each), rinsed, patted dry, and flatted to 1/2 inch thickness
- canola oil cooking spray
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters
- 1 cup finely chopped mango 250 mL
- 2 to 3 Tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves 30 to 45 mL
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger 5 mL
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped red onion 30 mL
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest 2 mL
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice 15 mL
- 1 tsp canola oil 5 mL
- 1. Combine 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil, curry powder, sugar, pepper and salt. Brush over chicken and let marinate for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together salsa ingredients.
- 3. Coat grill pan with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken, discarding any marinade. Cook chicken 4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink inside and juices run clear. Transfer to serving platter. Squeeze lemon juice over chicken; serve with salsa.
1 chicken breast and 1/4 cup (60 mL) salsa
|Gras saturés||1 g|
Apricot Chicken Tagine
Preventing heart disease starts right in the kitchen. My philosophy is simple - never give up what you like to eat, just change your recipes, using healthier ingredients. That is why I encourage my heart patients to use canola oil. It is the best universal oil for both baking and cooking.
Caribbean Mango Chicken
Spruce up regular chicken breasts with this island-inspired recipe. The coconut milk, lemon zest and mango combine for a wonderful flavor.