Skillet Browned Cabbage
- 1 Tbsp canola oil , to divided 15 mL
- 4 oz diced extra lean ham 125 g
- 3 cups coarsely chopped green cabbage, do not shred 750 mL
- 1 cup chopped onion 250 mL
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots 125 mL
- 1 tsp packed dark brown sugar 5 mL
- 1/8 tsp salt 0.5 mL
- 1. Heat 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Tilt skillet to coat lightly, add ham and cook until browned, about 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Set aside on separate plate.
- 2. Add 1 tsp (5 mL) of the oil to the pan and cook onion 3 minutes or until translucent. Add the remaining 1 tsp (5 mL) oil, cabbage, carrots, and sugar. Cook 3 minutes or until cabbage is beginning to brown on edges, stirring as you would a stir fry. Add ham and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes. Stir in salt.
about 2 1/2 cups
|Gras saturés||1 g|
Cabbage Roll Casserole
This casserole provides all the flavor of cabbage rolls without the work of rolling them! Canola oil helps keep saturated fat content low.
Carrot and Cabbage Tinga Tostadas
Celebrate Mexico with the original vegetarian tortilla toasts (tostadas). The vegetables taste better and even are better for you thanks to the benefits of canola oil, which has a mild flavor and helps the body absorb nutrients.