Fish Tacos with Avocado Salsa
Since experts recommend eating seafood at least twice a week, take a break from the standby beef taco and go fish! See the recipe video below.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup and leveled 60 mL
- 1/4 cup cornmeal 60 mL
- 1/2 tsp onion powder 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp chili powder 2 mL
- 4 fish fillets (1 lb/500 g), such as tilapia, rinsed, patted dry, and cut into 8 strips total 4
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 medium avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh pico de gallo, salsa verde, or picante sauce 125 mL
- 1 medium lime, cut into 8 wedges
- 1. Combine flour, cornmeal, onion powder, and chili powder in a shallow dish, such as a pie pan. Coat fish with mixture.
- 2. Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add fish; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned and fish flakes with a fork. Place on a serving platter and sprinkle evenly with salt.
- 3. Place fish in warmed tortillas, and top with equal amounts of avocado and pico de gallo. Squeeze a lime wedge over each tortilla.
- Flavorful tip: Salsa doesn't have to be limited to Mexican fare. It can be used as a spread for sandwiches and topping for simple cuts of meat, poultry, and fish.
|Gras saturés||2.2 g|
Grilled Fish Tacos with Citrus Slaw
Canola oils mild flavour make it a great choice for recipes that you want the flavours of the ingredients to shine through.
Szechuan Veggie Tacos
Its a fiesta! Enjoy these unique tacos with an Asian twist featuring daikon (Japanese radish) and rice wine vinegar. Canola oil allows the spicy-sweet flavors to shine.