A quick saute is all that is needed for this easy vegetable dish. Spinach is packed with iron and antioxidants.
- 1-2 Tbsp canola oil 15-30 mL
- 2 (6oz/170g) fresh spinach
- 1 Tbsp teriyaki sauce 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds 15 mL
- 1. Heat canola oil in a sauce pan over medium high heat. Add spinach all at once. Gently heat and stir spinach just until it becomes limp, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- 2. Place onto serving dish, drizzle with teriyaki sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Per Serving - on a 4 serving
|Gras saturés||0.5 g|
Mirepoix is the French name for a combination of onions, carrots and celery and with the addition of the flavors from parsnips, leeks, garlic all sauteed in canola oil, it is the classic start to any dish.
Orange Glazed Salmon over Sauteed Spinach
Pretty to look at, delicious to eat, salmon-infused with seasonal fresh orange and heart-healthy canola oil served over slightly wilted spinach is easy to make any time of year.