Crunchy Chicken Cilantro Lettuce Wraps
Lettuce wraps look fun and festive, especially when they're arranged on a large platter.
- 3 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce 45 mL
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp water 15 mL
- 1 to 1 1/2 tsp orange zest 5 to 7 mL
- 1/4 tsp dried red pepper flakes 1 mL
- 2 cups bagged coleslaw mix 500 mL
- 1/2 of (8 oz/225 mL) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and cut in half
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed 125 mL
- 1 cup pre-cooked diced chicken breast 250 mL
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 oz/ 45 g) dry roasted peanuts, toasted 75 mL
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves 60 mL
- 12 large Boston Bibb or romaine lettuce leaves, rinsed and patted dry
- 1. Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well blended. Combine filling ingredients in a medium bowl.
- 2. To serve, arrange three lettuce leaves on each of four dinner plates and spoon equal amounts of filling on top. Serve with sauce on the side. Have people roll up their own lettuce wraps and dip into sauce.
3 lettuce wraps
|Gras saturés||1.4 g|
Chicken and Artichokes with Pasta
Combine three shades of green in this healthy pasta dish. Its so good and so good for you that it will quickly become a staple meal!
Dobladitas with Greens and Tomato Sauce
Dobladitas are warm tortillas topped with wilted greens and a spicy tomato sauce. Canola oil’s high heat tolerance is just right for sautéing the greens.