Pork Sliders with Raspberry Mustard Sauce
These sandwiches are great for a tailgate party.
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper 2 mL
- 1 lb pork tenderloin 500 g
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- canola oil cooking spray
- 12 wheat or multigrain mini rolls, halved
- 1/4 cup raspberry fruit spread 60 mL
- 2 Tbsp coarse-grain Dijon mustard 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp canola mayonnaise 30 mL
- 1 tsp granulated sugar substitute 5 mL
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice 1 mL
- 1/8 tsp dried red pepper flakes (optional) 0.5 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 °F (220 °C). In small bowl, combine garlic powder, thyme, and black pepper. Sprinkle both sides of pork tenderloin with garlic powder mixture. In large nonstick skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add pork, cook 3 minutes, turn, and cook 2 more minutes or until richly browned. Remove from heat.
- 2. Coat foil-lined baking sheet with cooking spray, place pork on baking sheet, and cook 18 to 20 minutes, until barely pink in center. Place on cutting board and let stand 5 minutes before thinly slicing. If desired, wrap rolls in foil and place in oven 5 minutes to warm before serving.
- 3. Place fruit spread in microwave-safe small bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 20 seconds or until slightly melted. Stir in remaining sauce ingredients until well blended.
- 4. To serve, place pork on serving platter and sauce in another small bowl. Serve with rolls.
- Tip: For a change of pace, you can substitute apricot fruit spread instead of raspberry.
|Gras saturés||0.6 g|
Garlic Rosemary Pork Tenderloin with Fruit Compote Over Greens
Canola oil infused with lemon and rosemary offers a touch of herb flavouring to both the fruit compote and pork tenderloin. Greens mixed with Brussels sprout leaves are heightened by a splash of grapefruit juice and fennel seeds to convert any said hater of this misunderstood sprout.
Greek Style Pocket Sandwiches
Great using fresh pork, but also tasty when leftover cooked pork is marinated, drained, re-heated and served.