- 8 oz broad egg noodles 225 g
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp mixed herbs, chopped (thyme, oregano, parsley) 15 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp pepper 1 mL
- 4 (4 oz/125 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 4 fresh sage leaves
- 4 thin slice of prosciutto ham
- 1 leek, julienned lengthwise
- 1/3 cup off dry Marsala wine 75 mL
- 1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth 75 mL
- 1/3 cup heavy cream 75 mL
- 1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook egg noodles until just tender but still firm to bite; stirring occasionally. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil. Keep warm.
- 2. Rub mixed herbs, salt, and pepper on chicken breasts, add sage leaf on top of chicken, lay prosciutto over sage leaf, fold ham underneath and fully wrap around chicken breast.
- 3. In a heavy large skillet over medium heat add remaining 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil and saute for about 5 minutes, turn chicken over, add leeks and saute until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken breast, add Marsala wine, cream and broth. Boil until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- 4. Return chicken to skillet to coat with sauce. Divide pasta between 4 plates. Top with chicken and sauce, dividing equally.
|Gras saturés||7 g|
Beef Tenderloin and Portobellos with Marsala Sauce
Marsala wine and spicy pepper flakes elevate this dish to steakhouse quality.