Serve as a side salad or add chicken to make this salad a meal!
- 1 small eggplant, cut into wedges
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into large chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into large chunks
- 2-3 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 small red onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 3 Tbsp canola oil 45 mL
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar 30 mL
- 1 1/4 cups water 300 mL
- 1 cup uncooked whole wheat couscous 250 mL
- 1/2 cup light feta cheese, broken into bite size pieces 125 mL
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives or other black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped 75 mL
- 1/2 cup lightly toasted slivered almonds 125 mL
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley 30 mL
- 1/4 cup canola oil 60 mL
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano 15 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1 tsp cumin 5 mL
- 1 sprig fresh oregano, to garnish, if desired
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C). Place vegetables on large foil-lined baking sheet. Brush vegetables with canola oil and balsamic vinegar. Roast until tender, about 35 minutes. (Alternatively, you can choose to grill vegetables on barbecue). Let cool. Remove peels from garlic and dice. Cut all vegetables into bite size pieces.
- 2. Bring 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) water to a boil. Pour into large serving bowl. Stir in couscous. Cover and let stand about 5 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork. Gently mix garlic, vegetables and remaining ingredients into the couscous. Garnish salad with an additional sprig of fresh oregano.
5 to 6 servings
|Gras saturés||2.5 g|
Chickpea and Millet Grain Salad
Ancient grains are so popular, but have you tried millet? It’s similar to bulgur wheat in texture, but it’s gluten-free!