Jalapeno Corn Muffins
Love these as part of a Mexican menu, and again for a quick snack on-the-go!
- 1/2 cup cornmeal 125 mL
- 1/3 cup skim milk 75 mL
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 125 mL
- 1/4 cup red pepper, finely chopped 60 mL
- 2 Tbsp fresh jalapeno pepper, finely chopped 30 mL
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder 7 mL
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- paprika (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 °F (220 °C).
- 2. In medium bowl, combine cornmeal and milk and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes. Add flour, red pepper, jalapeno pepper, baking powder, garlic powder and salt to cornmeal and milk, and stir well. Add egg and canola oil, stirring until just moistened.
- 3. Spoon into non-stick muffin tins, filling 2/3 full. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
|Gras saturés||0 g|
The classic Caprese Italian salad is in an easy-to-tote muffin form – think picnic! Juicy cherry tomatoes, creamy mozzarella and bright basil join flavorful forces with the mild taste of canola oil, producing a tender treat.
Salmon and Dill Pancake Muffins
Enjoy these muffins warm from the oven or make a batch and freeze for a quick breakfast-to-go on busy mornings. Canola oil helps produce a moist and tender crumb.