Greek Style Pocket Sandwiches
Great using fresh pork, but also tasty when leftover cooked pork is marinated, drained, re-heated and served.
- 3 Tbsp canola oil 45 mL
- 1 Tbsp prepared mustard 15 mL
- 1/2 cup lemon juice 125 mL
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano 5 mL
- 1 lb boneless pork loin, well trimmed and cut into strips 500 g
- 1 cup low fat yogurt 250 mL
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and chopped 250 mL
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried dill 2 mL
- 2 whole wheat pita breads, halved
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1. In a small bowl, combine canola oil, mustard, lemon juice, garlic and oregano. Pour over pork strips. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 8 hours.
- 2. In another bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber, second amount of garlic and dill; cover and refrigerate.
- 3. Drain marinade from pork strips, removing as much marinade from meat as possible (use a strainer or colander). Heat oven to 450 °F (230 °C). Place strips in a shallow pan in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove meat from pan with a slotted spoon and place in pita halves. Top each with a generous spoonful of yogurt mixture and some sliced red onion.
|Gras saturés||3 g|
Cajun Pile Ups with Pepper Sauce
Reminiscent of New Orleans, these sandwiches are ragin' with flavor from the hot sauce and banana pepper.
Cuban Inspired Sandwiches with Sun Dried Tomato Canola Mayonnaise
Recipe developed at The Culinary Institute of America (CIA) by Chef Instructor Brenda La Noue. See Chef Tucker Bunch prepare the recipe in the video below.