Bistro Chicken Pasta Salad
This dish makes a great lunch or light dinner that can be ready to go for hungry kids or spontaneous guests. You may want to double the recipe because it goes so fast.
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar 75 mL
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard 15 mL
- 2 tsp canola oil 10 mL
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups whole wheat penne pasta, cooked 500 mL
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, grilled or cooked, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup grated or shaved Parmesan cheese 60 mL
- 12 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced in rings
- 1/4 tsp ground oregano 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper 1 mL
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped basil 125 mL
- 1. In small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, canola oil and garlic. Set aside.
- 2. In large bowl, combine pasta, chicken, Parmesan, tomatoes, onion, oregano and pepper, tossing gently. Stir in balsamic mixture and basil, tossing gently again.
- 3. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to two days.
2/3 cup (150 mL).
|Gras saturés||1 g|
Quinoa and Browned Onion Salad with Apples
If you've never had browned onions in a salad, this is the time to try it. Sautéed in mild-tasting canola oil, the onions are sweet and nutty and bring out the flavor of the pecans.
Caramelized Corn and Red Pepper Salad with Chives
Take advantage of your hot grill pan and cook multiple vegetables at the same time. Caramelizing corn and red peppers bring out their natural sweetness, which are complemented by savory chives. The dressing is a light and tangy blend of red wine vinegar, canola oil and smoky cumin - ingredients that enhance the fresh flavors of the vegetables without overpowering them.