Shrimp and Goat Cheese Penne
Shrimp and goat cheese are savory treats in this simple pasta dish, which makes a great weeknight dinner and leftover lunch.
- 4 oz dry regular or whole grain penne pasta 125 g
- 1 lb peeled raw medium shrimp 500 g
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered 250 mL
- 16 pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil 60 mL
- 4 Tbsp canola oil, divided 60 mL
- 3 oz goat cheese, cut into small pieces 90 g
- 1/4 tsp dried pepper flakes 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper or to taste 1 mL
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding shrimp during last 4 minutes of cooking.
- 2. In small bowl, combine tomatoes, olives, garlic, basil and 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of canola oil and set aside.
- 3. Drain pasta mixture in colander, shaking off excess water. Place in shallow pasta bowl and gently stir in goat cheese, remaining 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil, pepper flakes, salt and black pepper, until cheese is slightly melted. Top with tomato mixture. Do not stir.
1 1/2 cups (375 mL)
|Gras saturés||7 g|
Arrabiata Pasta Sauce
Arrabiata means "angry style" in Italian and it's named as such due to the heat of the peppers. This simple, spicy sauce goes well with plain penne pasta.
Penne with Chickpeas, Spinach and Roasted Asparagus
This recipe is delicious warm or cold, and made for leftovers. The addition of chickpeas gives it some heft and canola oil blends all of the flavors nicely.
Roasted Veggies with Pasta and Feta
Theres been a resurgence of interest in the slow cooker and its being used for way more than stewed meals! In this recipe, vegetables are slow-roasted in their own juices and canola oil keeps them nice and tender. The addition of fresh herbs, beans and olives at the end rounds out the flavors!