Fresh Apple Cake
Nothing exemplifies the fall season quite like the smell and taste of fresh apples. Make the most out of your trip to the orchard with this fresh apple cake recipe.
- 4 cups chopped fresh apple 1 L
- 2 cups granulated sugar 500 mL
- 1 cup canola oil 250 mL
- 1 cup nuts or raisins 250 mL
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract 10 mL
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 500 mL
- 2 tsp baking soda 10 mL
- 2 tsp cinnamon 10 mL
- 1 tsp salt 5 mL
- 3 Tbsp canola margarine 45 mL
- 1 package (4 oz/125 g) cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar 375 mL
- 1 tsp vanilla 5 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Grease 9 x 13 inch (22 x 33 cm) baking pan.
- 2. In large bowl, mix together apples and sugar. Add canola oil, nuts, eggs and vanilla; stir well.
- 3. In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to egg mixture and mix well. Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
- 4. For icing, combine cream margarine and cream cheese together. Add icing sugar and vanilla and beat until well mixed. Ice cake and serve.
|Gras saturés||2.5 g|
Apple and Pear Dessert
With a brief turn in the pan, diced apples and pears transform into a quick dessert – or even a special breakfast! The mild taste and light texture of canola oil works well with fruits’ delicate flavors.