Roasted Vegetable Tofu Soup
- 2 onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch sticks
- 2 celery ribs, cut into ½-inch thick slices
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 large cloves garlic, whole and unpeeled
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 6 cups vegetable stock 1.5 L
- 1 can (15 oz/426 mL) diced tomatoes, preferably fire roasted, with juices
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary, crushed 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme 2 mL
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley 30 mL
- 1 cup firm tofu 250 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 °F (220 °C). Toss onions, carrots, celery, turnip, sweet potato and garlic with canola oil and place on large baking pan. Spread out into even layer and roast for 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned at edges.
- 2. In large stock pot, add roasted vegetables and scrape up any browned bits clinging to pan. Add vegetable stock, tomatoes and juices, black pepper, rosemary and thyme.
- 3. Cover pot and allow soup to simmer for about 1 hour. Stir in parsley and tofu and cook for 5 minutes.
1 cup (250 mL)
|Gras saturés||0 g|
Beef and Mushroom Soup
This hearty, chunky soup is perfect for any cold night and makes enough for lunch leftovers the next day! Or freeze the rest for up to 3 weeks. Lean beef and heart-healthy canola oil help keep saturated fat to a minimum.
Borscht, la soupe santé
Quand préparé avec de la viande, le Borscht se transforme en soupe-repas qui na besoin que de salade, de pain et d'un verre de lait pour devenir un repas complet.