- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders or thinly sliced chicken breasts 500 g
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp pepper 1 mL
- 1/4 lb chorizo sausage, casing removed and finely diced 125 g
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme 15 mL
- 1/2 lb medium sized shrimp 250 g
- 2 cups cooked brown rice 500 mL
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1. In large non-stick skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, salt and pepper and sauté 6 to 8 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Remove to plate and set aside.
- 2. Add sausage and garlic to skillet and sauté 1 to 2 minutes. Add jalapeño pepper, red pepper, celery and onion. Continue to sauté for 3 to 4 minutes until vegetables are tender crisp.
- 3. Add canned tomatoes and thyme. Simmer 10 minutes to reduce liquid.
- 4. Add shrimp and chicken back to skillet and cook until shrimp are done, about 3 minutes.
- 5. Serve over cooked rice. Garnish with chopped green onions.
1 cup (250 mL)
|Gras saturés||2.5 g|
Apricot Chicken Tagine
Preventing heart disease starts right in the kitchen. My philosophy is simple - never give up what you like to eat, just change your recipes, using healthier ingredients. That is why I encourage my heart patients to use canola oil. It is the best universal oil for both baking and cooking.