Chicken Soup Mexicana
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 celery stalks, sliced
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper 0.5 mL
- 2 tsp cumin 10 mL
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes 5 mL
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken stock 2 L
- 2/3 cup lentils 150 mL
- 1 can (19 oz) tomatoes, chopped 540 mL
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 lbs cooked chicken, cubed 1 kg
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas 250 mL
- 1 small avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1. In Dutch oven, heat canola oil. Add garlic, onion and celery. Sauté until vegetables are tender. Season with black pepper, cumin and red pepper flakes.
- 2. Add chicken stock, lentils, tomatoes and carrots. Simmer, covered, 30 minutes, or until carrots are tender. Add chicken, zucchini and peas. Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes longer, or until vegetables are tender. Garnish with avocado slices.
2 cups (500 mL).
|Gras saturés||1 g|
Beef and Mushroom Soup
This hearty, chunky soup is perfect for any cold night and makes enough for lunch leftovers the next day! Or freeze the rest for up to 3 weeks. Lean beef and heart-healthy canola oil help keep saturated fat to a minimum.
Braised Beef and Vegetable Stew
This beef and vegetable stew is a healthy take on a hearty classic. Braising allows the beef and vegetables to reach the perfect tenderness while the tomatoes, red wine and Worcestershire give the dish just the right amount of acidity.