Sautéed Shrimp with Peas in Lemon Tarragon Sauce
Enjoy this light, refreshing and healthy treat as an appetizer or main course meal!
- 12 oz peeled, deveined raw shrimp or prawns 350 g
- 2 Tbsp canola oil, divided 30 mL
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth 175 mL
- 1 cup frozen (not thawed) or fresh shelled peas 250 mL
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh tarragon, parsley or mint 15 mL
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1. Rinse shrimp, then pat dry with paper towels.
- 2. In a large saute pan, heat 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of the canola oil over medium-high heat until it starts to ripple. Add the shrimp and stir until just starting to turn pink (about 1 minute). Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- 3. Add remaining 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil. Then add shallots to pan and cook until shallots are soft (1 to 2 minutes). Pour in broth and stir in peas, lemon juice and tarragon.
- 4. Return shrimp to pan and let come to a boil; cook until shrimp are cooked through and peas are tender (about 2 minutes).
- 5. To serve, with a slotted spoon, divide shrimp among plates and top evenly with peas and sauce over shrimp.
3oz (90 g) of shrimp
|Gras saturés||0.5 g|
Asian Shrimp Soup
This earthy Asian soup is perfect to warm you up on a cold day and canola oil's light taste wont interfere with the soups layered flavors. Add red pepper flakes if you like more heat!
Barra Vieja Beach Styled Shrimp
Cooking shrimp is fast and easy with the high heat tolerance of canola oil.