- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) tomatoes
- 2-3 canned chipotle chilies, chopped
- 1 small purchased whole roasted chicken, meat removed from carcass and chopped or shredded into bite size pieces
- 2 Tbsp freshly chopped cilantro 30 mL
- 2 large tortilla wraps, each cut into 4 pieces and then cut into ½-inch strips
- 1/4 cup light sour cream 60 mL
- 1/4 cup light feta cheese 60 mL
- cilantro leaves for garnish
- 1. In large non-stick skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic, onion, carrot and celery until vegetables are just tender, about 5 minutes. Stir tomatoes into vegetables. Cut tomatoes into smaller pieces using kitchen shears. Add chipotle peppers. Stir to mix ingredients.
- 2. Bring mixture to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 6-8 minutes.
- 3. Add cooked chicken and heat through, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
- 4. Meanwhile, toast tortilla strips at 425 ºF (220 ºC) for 6-7 minutes, stirring once during baking time. Divide chips into 6 serving bowls and ladle chicken mixture over top of chips.
- 5. Garnish with 1 Tbsp (15 mL) sour cream, 1 Tbsp (15 mL) light feta cheese and additional cilantro leaves.
generous 1 cup (250 mL)
|Gras saturés||3.5 g|
Chicken and Artichokes with Pasta
Combine three shades of green in this healthy pasta dish. Its so good and so good for you that it will quickly become a staple meal!
Chicken and Okra Creole
This Cajun-inspired dish makes a great one-dish meal. Its packed with tons of flavor, fast to make, and even faster to clean up. Only one skillet required. Canola oil aids in browning and tenderizing the chicken, plus blends the flavors of other ingredients.