Asian Greens with Pork
- 3 Tbsp canola oil 45 mL
- 12 oz pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4 inch strips 350 g
- 1 Tbsp thinly sliced fresh ginger 15 mL
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 green onions, cut diagonally
- 14 oz mixed Chinese greens, cut into bite size pieces 400 g
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce 15 mL
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar 2 mL
- 2 Tbsp lime juice 30 mL
- 1/4 tsp black pepper 1 mL
- 1 Tbsp corn starch (optional) 15 mL
- 2 Tbsp water (optional) 30 mL
- cooked short grain rice
- 1. In large non-stick skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Sauté pork strips until just cooked through, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from pan.
- 2. Add ginger and garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- 3. Add green onions and greens. Stir and continue to cook about 5 minutes, until vegetables are just cooked. Add oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, lime juice and pepper along with pork and heat through, about 2 minutes. Thicken with mixture of corn starch and water if desired.
- 4. Serve with rice.
generous 1 cup (250 mL)
|Gras saturés||1.5 g|
Barra Vieja Beach Styled Shrimp
Cooking shrimp is fast and easy with the high heat tolerance of canola oil.
Dobladitas with Greens and Tomato Sauce
Dobladitas are warm tortillas topped with wilted greens and a spicy tomato sauce. Canola oil’s high heat tolerance is just right for sautéing the greens.