Caribbean Grilled Pork with Tropical Salsa
This tangy, sunny dish will help you feel that summer is just around the corner.
- For salsa:
- 1 small pineapple, peeled, cored and diced (about 2 cups / 500 mL)
- 1 medium orange, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, minced 30 mL
- Juice of half a fresh lime
- For meat:
- ½ Tbsp sucralose brown sugar blend 7 mL
- 2 tsp minced garlic, 10 mL
- 2 tsp minced ginger, 10 mL
- 2 tsp ground cumin 10 mL
- 2 tsp ground coriander 10 mL
- ½ tsp turmeric 2 mL
- 2 Tbsp canola oil, 30 mL (plus more to oil the grill)
- 6 pork loin chops
- 1. Make salsa by combining pineapple, orange, cilantro and lime juice in bowl. Set aside. Can be prepped up to 2 days in advance and refrigerated.
- 2. Make rub for pork chops: In small bowl, combine brown sugar blend, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander and turmeric. Do not omit turmeric as it lends a lovely yellow hue to this dish.
- 3. Brush both sides of pork chops with canola oil and apply rub to both sides.
- 4. Preheat barbecue to medium-high. Place pork chops on grill for about 5 minutes per side or until cooked to internal temperature of 160 °F (70 °C).
- 5. Serve each chop accompanied with 1/3 cup (75 mL) salsa.
1 pork chop and 1/3 cup (75 mL) salsa.
|Gras saturés||2 g|
Chicken and Mango in a Warm Coconut Sauce
A different and delightful way to enjoy mango. If desired, cubes of pre-roasted squash or pumpkin can be used in place of the mango.
Tomato, Basil and Zucchini Lasagna
Fresh summer flavors shine in this healthy take on lasagna, thanks to canola oil’s neutral taste. Crumbled tofu boosts the protein and stands in for the usual ricotta cheese to make it vegan.