Rosemary Feta Pearl Couscous Salad
Pearl couscous looks just like that pearls! These tender bits of pasta are tossed with crunchy red peppers and cucumber, white beans, feta, a generous amount of herbs and a splash of fresh lemon. Light canola oil combines it all together nicely. Youll never think of pasta salad the same way again!
- 2 cups water 500 mL
- 3/4 cup uncooked whole wheat or regular pearl or Israeli couscous 175 mL
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion 75 mL
- 1 cup lightly packed spinach, coarsely chopped 250 mL
- 1/2 can (15-oz/426 mL) no-salt-added navy or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped rosemary 15 mL
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest 5 mL
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar 15 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper 1 mL
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat feta, crumbled 175 mL
- 1. In a medium saucepan, bring water to boil over high heat. Stir in couscous, return to a boil, reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain in fine mesh sieve and run under cold water to cool completely. Shake off excess liquid.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine pepper, cucumber, onion, spinach, beans, rosemary, garlic, canola oil, zest, lemon zest and juice, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- 3. Stir in couscous and toss until well blended. Gently stir in feta.
1/2 cup (125 mL)
|Gras saturés||1 g|
Couscous, Watermelon and Gorgonzola Salad
A flavorful watermelon salad with the sharp tang of Gorgonzola cheese will make any luncheon a success. Canola oil’s light taste and texture is ideal for a vinaigrette and works well with the dish’s lively flavors.
Grilled Lamb Chops with Fresh Ginger Couscous
This company-worthy dish is made by marinating tender lamb chops and serving them over a mound of pearl couscous with heady sweet spices and a generous amount of fresh mint. Canola oil carries the flavors of the lamb rub and keeps the chops from sticking to the grill.