Broccoli Black Bean Salad
Every pantry should have a few cans of black beans on hand to use in quick salads like this one! Canola oil keeps this healthy dish low in saturated fat.
- 3 cups broccoli florets 750mL
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) sodium-reduced black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 Tbsp canola oil 45 mL
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar 45 mL
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill 15 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp pepper 1 mL
- 1. Rinse broccoli florets in strainer. Steam broccoli for 4 minutes or until tender crisp. Refresh under cold water and drain.
- 2. In large bowl, mix together broccoli, zucchini, red pepper, red onion and black beans.
- 3. In small bowl, whisk together canola oil, vinegar, mustard,dill, salt and pepper.
- 4. Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.
1 cup (250 mL)
|Gras saturés||0.5 g|
Beet Salad with Mint and Spices
Maximize the flavor by toasting spices with a little canola oil. For a quick version of the recipe replace fresh beets with 1 can (14.5 oz/411 g) beets!