A whole-wheat, baked version of a traditional Aboriginal recipe. Canola oil helps produce a light and tender crumb.
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour 250 mL
- 1 cup all-purpose flour 250 mL
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries 175 mL
- 2 Tbsp baking powder 30 mL
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon 2 mL
- 1/8 tsp salt .5 mL
- 1/2 cup skim milk 125 mL
- 1/2 cup water 125 mL
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- 2. In bowl, combine flours, blueberries, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- 3. Stir in milk, water and canola oil and, using hands, moisten all ingredients, handling dough as little as possible.
- 4. Turn dough out of bowl and place on lightly floured surface.
- 5. Using hands, form disc about 1/2-inch (1-cm) thick and about 9-10 inches (22-25 cm) in diameter. If necessary, sprinkle with flour to keep dough from sticking. Cut into 8 wedges.
- 6. Place wedges on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until bannock is golden brown.
|Gras saturés||0 g|
Almond Apricot Snowballs
When the weather outside is frightful, satisfy your sweet tooth in the kitchen with these festive snowballs. Canola oil highlights the delicious apricot, almond and vanilla flavors!
Almond Cherry Biscotti with Citrus
Italian for "biscuit," biscotti are twice baked for extra crispiness.