Baked Apple and Banana Oatmeal
Upgrade your oatmeal with this baked version made especially heart-healthy with the use of canola oil, which is rich in plant-based omega-3 fat and a good source of vitamin E. You can substitute berries for the apple if you prefer.
- 2 cups rolled oats 500 mL
- 1/2 Tbsp baking powder 7 mL
- 1 tsp cinnamon 5 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1 apple, diced 250 mL
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 egg
- 1 cup skim milk 250 mL
- 3 Tbsp canola oil 45 mL
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or brown sugar 75 mL
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract 4 mL
- canola oil cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- 2. In large bowl, mix together oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir in apples and banana; set aside.
- 3. In another bowl, whisk together egg, milk, canola oil, maple syrup or brown sugar and vanilla extract. Pour over dry mixture and gently stir to combine.
- 4. Spray 8 x 8-inch (20 x 20-cm) baking dish with canola oil spray. Pour mixture into baking dish and bake for 45 minutes, until golden brown.
1/2 cup (125 mL)
|Gras saturés||0.5 g|
Fill several small snack bags with this healthy granola to have on hand when you need a quick pick-me-up.
French Toast with Blueberries and Creamy Apricot Sauce
The secret ingredient in this citrus-y French toast is the orange zest. Also, the blueberries contrast beautifully with the peach hues of the toast and sauce.