Powerhouse Green Smoothie
Start your day strong with an all-in-one meal. Smoothies fit the bill pre- or post-workout because they are quick and easy to make, combine food groups and, as liquids, digest more quickly than solids. Canola oil added to your smoothie contributes omega-3 fat and creates a smooth, creamy consistency.
- 3/4 cup seedless green grapes 175 mL
- 1/2 cup ripe banana slices 125 mL
- 1/4 cup chopped kale 60 mL
- 2/3 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt 150 mL
- 1 1/2 tsp canola oil 7 mL
- 1/2 cup ice cubes 125 mL
- 1. In blender, combine all ingredients. Blend for about 30 seconds to 1 minute or until desired smoothness is achieved.
1 2/3 cups (400 mL)
|Gras saturés||0.5 g|
Smoothies are a great way to get a dose of fruit, fiber and good fats. This shake is loaded with antioxidants and full of flavor. Adding a little canola oil to it supplies omega 3 fats and vitamin E as well as a smoother taste.