Apple and Pear Dessert
With a brief turn in the pan, diced apples and pears transform into a quick dessert – or even a special breakfast! The mild taste and light texture of canola oil works well with fruits’ delicate flavors.
- 2 tsp canola oil 10 mL
- 1 cup green apple, diced 250 mL
- 1 cup pear, diced 250 mL
- 2 Tbsp blueberries 30 mL
- 1 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar 20 mL
- 1 tsp cinnamon 5 mL
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger 2 mL
- 4 Tbsp your favorite granola 60 mL
- 1. In sauté pan, heat canola oil and sauté apple and pear. When fruits become lightly soft, add brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger. Stir to combine. Add blueberries and gently stir until warm.
- 2. Top with granola and serve.
2/3 cup (150 mL)
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
Easy White Cake Over Fruit
Use your imagination to substitute other fruit combinations or even pie filling in the versatile cake! This recipes works well with sucralose or granulated sugar.
Lemongrass Cheesecake with Mandarin Orange Garnish
An impressively rich-tasting version of a classic cheesecake, lightened up with a surprise ingredient that also adds protein - cottage cheese. In addition to Mandarin oranges, the light lemon flavour also pairs nicely with cranberries or blueberry sauce or other seasonal fruit.