Chunky Avocado Black Bean Salsa
This healthy and hearty twist on salsa has a nice balance of spice and texture. Canola oil helps all the flavors meld together.
- 4 tomatillo, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, deveined, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro 125 mL
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion 60 mL
- 2 cups cooked or canned black beans, rinsed and drained 500 mL
- 3 Tbsp canola oil 45 mL
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice 20 mL
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cider vinegar 20 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano flakes 2 mL
- 1 medium-sized avocado, chopped
- 1. In bowl, combine all ingredients. Stir to combine.
- 2. Serve as side dish or appetizer.
1/4 cup (60 mL)
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
Black Bean Avocado Salsa with Home Baked Tortilla Chips
A heart-healthy snack for your next celebration!
Cucumber And Black Bean Salsa Salad
Fresh cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper and cilantro combined with black beans creates a terrific salad.