Jalapeño Chiles Stuffed with Panela Cheese and Mango Pico de Gallo
- 12 large jalapeño chiles
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL, divided
- 1 Tbsp canola oil 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp vinegar 15 mL
- 1 cup mango, diced 250 mL
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro leaves 75 mL
- 3 Tbsp finely diced red onion 45 mL
- 1 cup shredded panela cheese or mozzarella cheese 250 mL
- 1. Cut jalapeños in half, including stem. Devein and seed chiles. Use plastic gloves or wash hands after handling these hot peppers.
- 2. Grill jalapeños until they begin to soften and lightly char, about 5 minutes. Place in plastic bag and add 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt.
- 3. In bowl, combine canola oil, vinegar and remaining 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt. Add mango, cilantro, red onion and cheese.
- 4. Stuff jalapeños with mixture and arrange on platter.
2 stuffed jalapeño halves
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Black-Eyed Peas with Jalapeno and Tomatoes
Blacked-eyed peas are generally cooked with bacon, but you won't miss it in this recipe because of the seasonings. It's "thyme" to enjoy these peas without bacon.
Green Chili and Bean Soup
When you need a hearty and filling soup to warm your bones, heres one to try. The combination of jalapeños and pinto beans puts a yummy Latin flavor into this recipe.