Tomato and Olive Salad
A satisfying and healthy blend of sweet and salty. Canola oil helps the flavors develop.
- 2/3 cup pitted black or green olives, sliced 175 mL
- 8 tomatoes, sliced in wedges
- 1 cup bocconcini cheese* 250 mL
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar 15 mL
- 2 Tbsp minced parsley 30 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper 2 mL
- 1. In medium bowl, combine olives, tomatoes, bocconcini cheese and shallots. Add canola oil, vinegar and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Toss and serve.
- Tip: *Substitute cubed mozzarella cheese for bocconcini cheese.
1 1/4 cup (310 mL)
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
Exotic Mexican Avocado and Tangerine Salad
Save the dishes and serve this exotic salad in the hollowed out avocado shell.