Great on salmon, chicken and pork dishes.
- 1/2 cup canola oil 125 mL
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 5 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers. minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp cumin 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp curry powder 15 mL
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar 30 mL
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped 60 mL
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped 60 mL
- 1/2 cup red wine 125 mL
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar 125 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes or to taste 1 mL
- 1. In saucepan, over medium-high heat add canola oil and saute red onion, white onion, tomatoes and peppers for 12 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- 2. Add garlic, cumin, curry powder, brown sugar, cilantro, parsley, red wine, vinegar, salt and chili flakes. Simmer over medium heat until you get a salsa-like consistency about 5-8 minutes.
2 cups (500 mL)
2 Tbsp (30 mL)
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
Argentine Chimichurri Marinade and Sauce
In Argentina, chimichurri sauce is a national obsession, and once you try it you'll see why.