Arrabiata Pasta Sauce
- 3 Tbsp canola oil 45 mL
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1 tsp red chili flakes 5 mL
- 8 cups Roma tomatoes, seeded, chopped 2L
- 1 tsp salt 5 mL
- 1/4 tsp granulated sugar 1 mL
- 3 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped 45 mL
- 3 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped 45 mL
- pepper to taste
- 1. Heat canola oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Saute onions in canola oil until softened. Add garlic and red pepper flakes. Add tomatoes and simmer with lid on for 20 minutes.
- 2. Remove lid, stir and simmer for 15 minutes. Add salt, sugar, oregano and basil. Stir to combine. Season with pepper to taste and serve.
- Tip: If you are in a hurry substitute fresh tomatoes with two 28 ounce/796 mL cans of low sodium diced tomatoes.
4 cups (1 L)
1/2 cup (125 mL)
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
Honey Sweet Dipping Sauce
Canola oil's mild flavor makes it a great choice for recipes that you want the flavors of the ingredients to shine through.