Canola Oil Pie Crust
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour 375 mL
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated sugar 7 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 2 Tbsp cold 1% milk 30 mL
- 1/2 cup canola oil 125 mL
- 1. Sift together flour, sugar and salt.
- 2. In small bowl, beat milk into canola oil with fork until frothy. Form a well in flour mixture. Add canola oil mixture and combine gently with a fork until crumbly. Pat in pie plate as you would for graham wafer crust.
- 3. Add filling and bake according to filling recipe.
2 shells (9 inches) or 1 inch pie (9 inch) shell and top
8 slices per shell
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Cherry Pie Bites
Orange juice and zest make these fun-sized cherry pies a refreshing, tangy dessert. With canola oil, these treats are better-for-you than traditional pies.