Mirepoix is the French name for a combination of onions, carrots and celery and with the addition of the flavors from parsnips, leeks, garlic all sauteed in canola oil, it is the classic start to any dish.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 large stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium leek, cleaned and chopped (white part only)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Prepare vegetables. Heat canola oil in saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2. Add onion, parsnips, carrots, celery, leek and garlic all at once. Cook, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper.
4 to 6 servings
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|