Angel Wings Pasta
Second Place Winner of the Be a Star! Be a Winner! with Canola Oil Paralympics Recipe Contest.
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta 500 mL
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup canola oil 60 mL
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar 30 mL
- 3 Tbsp ketchup 45 mL
- 1/2 tsp paprika 2 mL
- 1. Cook pasta and cool by running under cold water.
- 2. In large bowl, combine pasta and vegetables.
- 3. In measuring cup, add canola oil, sugar, vinegar, ketchup and paprika. Blend well. Pour over salad and mix well.
- 4. Refrigerate, allowing flavors to blend, until ready to serve.
1/2 cup (125 mL) each, depending on quantity of vegetables used.
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
Rosemary Feta Pearl Couscous Salad
Pearl couscous looks just like that pearls! These tender bits of pasta are tossed with crunchy red peppers and cucumber, white beans, feta, a generous amount of herbs and a splash of fresh lemon. Light canola oil combines it all together nicely. Youll never think of pasta salad the same way again!
Japanese Sesame Slaw
This colourful salad offers tangy flavour and crunch. Much lighter than a classic coleslaw, pack it along on your next picnic or enjoy as an accompaniment to fish, chicken or grilled tofu kabobs.